Friday 4 June 2010

Fresh & Bright..!

Hiya!

I made this card the other day for the sketch challenge over at SCS. I paired the sketch with the Colour Q challenge this week: Glorious Green, Green Galore, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry and Whisper White. Here's what I came up with:


Quite funky eh?? When I first saw the colours I was a bit scared (I think I've only used Glorious Green once in the whole time I've had it!) but I was surprised at how the whole thing came together and the colours look really great together! I had to substitute Summer Sun for Crushed Curry as we don't have that in the UK. Tangerine Tango is one of the new colours coming into the catalogue come October - yay! I already have the inkpad and some ribbon (Christmas pressie from my Mum in Australia... hee hee!) so I could play along!

The flowers are from Bloomin Beautiful and were stamped with Stazon on watercolour paper and coloured with an aqua brush, markers and the TT inkpad. I cut one out so I could lay it over the other. The papers are from Kaleidascope and Pink Flamingo DSP packs. All the layers are matted with Glorious Green (I often get asked about my cards - how I make them etc. and if I have any tips: my biggest tip is LAYERS! I find that adding a 1/8" larger layer of cardstock behind each main panel really gives it an extra something - try it out and see what you think if you don't already!)

The greeting is from Tiny Tags and was punched out with the coordinating tag punch.

That's all for now folks! Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

4 comments:

Mary Brown said...

What a bright, happy card! I know know EXACTLY what you mean about Glorious Green and I felt a bit intimidated by this color combo too...but it really does work!

Rosemary said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Renée said...

I rarely used the Glorious Green either but you've done a FABULOUS job! Love the cut out of the flowers and the layout!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Great card!! Bloomin Beautiful is one of my favorite sets and it's retiring this catalog (sad face), for us in the US. Good luck this week!!!