Wednesday 2 June 2010

Something Old, Something New...

Hiya!

I thought I'd share a couple of cards I've made in the last few days with you...

This one was for a sketch challenge for our SU fortnightly team challenge - the twist was to use one or more retiring colours (I chose Orchid Opulence).


I used the GORGEOUS Cottage Wall DSP for the three panels then used the coordinating colours of Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive and Certainly Celery for my layers and colouring. The ribbon is the Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon (it's plain on the other side so you can use it plain or spotty!). The main image is from A Flower for All Seasons and I coloured it with inkpads and a blender pen.

The next card I made for the colour challenge over at SCS: Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa and Garden Green. I used the Taylored Expressions sketch for this week for the layout.


I struggled with the colours for a while with this one but eventually came up with something I was vaguely happy with! I used a set from the Aussie & US catty called Friends 24-7 (I'm HOPING we might have this in our next catalogue!). The bird was stamped with Close to Cocoa and then the damask was stamped over the top in Soft Sky (an old in-colour from Aus). The sentiment is from Bird on a Branch in our UK mini catty. I added some pearls from the Pretties Kit and some So Saffron ribbon to finish. The DSP is a mix from Bella Bleu and Spiced Cider.
Thanks for stopping by!
x Amy x

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Darling set of cards, Amy. Just LOVE the colour combo on the first card and the soothing colours of the second are lovely.