Saturday 15 January 2011

Viva la Butterflies...!

Hiya!

I've got a whole free day today - yippee! My sister is down and we are vegging in front of the TV, watching movies and chilling, and of course I am playing with paper and stamps as well! I've been wanting to play along with the CR84FN colour challenge for a while now, and this is the second week in a row that I've played along then missed the deadline for linking - oops! Must remember to upload before Friday night lol! Anyways, I thought I'd stop in and share my card with you. This was the colour challenge:


When I first saw the colours I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them as I don't have a lot of pastel colours in my DSP collection (which is often where I start). I started looking through some of my older papers and lo and behold I stumbled across some HOTP papers that had these exact colours in them - hooray! I combined the colours with one of the Viva la Verve sketch challenges this month and here's what I created:


The sentiment is from Verve and the butterflies from PTI (coloured with copics). I put my sewing machine to work and stitched around each panel (which I still find rather tricky!). I added some buttons tied with linen thread as well as some liquid pearls to the centre of the small butterflies. The two middle panels were overstamped with En Francais (a SU background stamp). The purple card and ink are the retired Lavender Lace (still mourning the loss of the light purple shades from the SU colour collections!).

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the Verve sketch and the CC. Your card is gorgeous. Love the sentiment with the butterflies around it. Well done :)