Friday 17 June 2011

Butterfly congratulations...

Hiya,

I thought I'd pop in and share a card I made using the Walzingmouse sketch challenge as my starting point. I dug out some older papers that I got a while ago because they had gorgeous butterflies on them (what more of a reason to you need lol??) but I hadn't used much of it because I didn't want hide the butterflies by putting other stuff on top -- so I set to work cutting them out!


I played around with a sketch a bit and flipped it on its side so I could fit in this Labels 18 shape. I stamped it onto some coordating paper from the same pack and cut with nesties. The flower is from a pack that my sister brought me back from the US when she was the on holiday recently - they are so pretty I've been hoarding them for the right card! I added some black lace as an extra touch. Pretty simple really, but I really like the combination of colours and butterflies...

Thannks for stopping by - I really do appreciate all your sweet comments!

x Amy x

3 comments:

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is lovely and you've inspired me to go get Labels 18! Great take on the sketch this week - thanks for playing along!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning! I love how rich these colors are and your embellishments are a gorgeous addition! So glad you could join us at WMSC this week! :)

Deborah Frings said...

It's a fabulous card - the colours are so rich! The butterflies are just lovely!